Johnny Cash said
it best! I’ve been everywhere. Being in the military I have traveled the
world and learned and experienced numerous things while living abroad. I have lived a life that most haven’t. There are some in the military haven’t experienced
what I have. I got to live overseas
for about 12 years and almost ten with my wife.
Living in the UK was fabulous. I have seen many fine works are art, the
crown jews, Stonehenge, and Buckingham Palace to name a few. Then, living in
Germany was great too. Seeing castles, tasting
the food, learning about some things from WWII, and the countryside is
beautiful. I would love to go back because
there is so much more to experience. In
my travels, I have been and to so many iconic places, such as Notre Dame, the Eifel tower, I have seen the
Mona Lisa, and Gaudi’s cathedral. I have even been in two places at once. I got to stand on the Prime Meridian. All while working for Uncle Sam. Now that I’m older, I’m going back to school
to finish a life goal. I’m headed into
a new chapter of my life and learning stuff from books now. Traveling is going to take me elsewhere; wherever
it may be that’s where I’m going. God
willing, when I get my degree, it will take me to more places in this world. I believed that I have truly lived a blessed
life with all the things that I have done and seen. Who knows what else is on the horizon for my
future? Whatever it is, I can’t wait! For now, I want to finish my degree post haste. Then, I’m sure I have other life goals that I
want to go toward. Being at OU has been
great for me because I feel that I have gotten some of my identity back. Not that I ever lost it, but I can really do
and say my own opinions that the military kept me from. OU is adding to my sense of freedom. Being in
school is allowing me to go forward in what I want to do. College life is different, especially now
that I am older. I can now appreciate school
for school and not some idea of getting away from my parents and starting a new
life. I have already gotten the tomfoolery
and immaturity out of my system. In the experiences that I have had I can now
appreciate life better and now I look forward to every day. I look forward to spending more time with my wife
and friends. That’s where I’m going!
Today I woke up thing that I would have a day off from school (which I did) and that I would be able to get some school work done. Also, some other things done around the house; some honey doos. And like two peas in a pod, Annalisa, my wife, called me asking to get some things done around the house. In that instance of clairvoyance, I began to laugh internally. Today is also the day, 25 years ago that I joined the United State Air Force. This is a proud moment for me and usually a day of reflection and memories. As my alarm went off I creeped out of bed, still half asleep I made my way into the kitchen and made some coffee. headed toward the living room, I turned on the TV. On, was the memorial for the Oklahoma City bombing. Unfortunately, 24 years ago, two men destroyed the Oklahoma City Federal Building. As I watched, I thought to myself that I would never be living in the Oklahoma City area. I became extremely emotional party because of...
Comments
Post a Comment