Skip to main content

Cash Mantra



Johnny Cash said it best!  I’ve been everywhere.  Being in the military I have traveled the world and learned and experienced numerous things while living abroad.   I have lived a life that most haven’t.  There are some in the military haven’t experienced what I have.  I got to live overseas for about 12 years and almost ten with my wife.  Living in the UK was fabulous. I have seen many fine works are art, the crown jews, Stonehenge, and Buckingham Palace to name a few. Then, living in Germany was great too.  Seeing castles, tasting the food, learning about some things from WWII, and the countryside is beautiful.  I would love to go back because there is so much more to experience.  In my travels, I have been and to so many iconic places, such as Notre Dame, the Eifel tower, I have seen the Mona Lisa, and Gaudi’s cathedral. I have even been in two places at once.  I got to stand on the Prime Meridian.  All while working for Uncle Sam.  Now that I’m older, I’m going back to school to finish a life goal.  I’m headed into a new chapter of my life and learning stuff from books now.  Traveling is going to take me elsewhere; wherever it may be that’s where I’m going.  God willing, when I get my degree, it will take me to more places in this world.  I believed that I have truly lived a blessed life with all the things that I have done and seen.  Who knows what else is on the horizon for my future?  Whatever it is, I can’t wait!  For now, I want to finish my degree post haste.  Then, I’m sure I have other life goals that I want to go toward.  Being at OU has been great for me because I feel that I have gotten some of my identity back.  Not that I ever lost it, but I can really do and say my own opinions that the military kept me from.  OU is adding to my sense of freedom. Being in school is allowing me to go forward in what I want to do.  College life is different, especially now that I am older.  I can now appreciate school for school and not some idea of getting away from my parents and starting a new life.  I have already gotten the tomfoolery and immaturity out of my system. In the experiences that I have had I can now appreciate life better and now I look forward to every day.  I look forward to spending more time with my wife and friends.  That’s where I’m going!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, the other day my wife and I were watching, "The Good Doctor."  The initial plot (for the episode) was about two girls who didn't know one another.  One had to have major facial reconstruction and the other was brain dead.  The doctors in the scene decided that a complete face transplant would work for the living girl and they subsequently asked the mother of the brain dead child if she would consent to organ donation.  At first, she declined then a chance meeting of the mother and the living child changed her mind.  Fast forward... they walk the brain dead child toward the operating room first.  As they wheel the bed through the corridor there were two long rows of doctors, nurses, medical and admin staff showing a sign of respect.  The mother, covered in tears, is wondering what was happening.  A doctor leaned in and said this is called, "The Walk of Honor." The overwhelming respect seem to get to me and remind me of a time when I was deployed during "

Fed up with politicians

Why is it when politician run for officer there is something wrong with their character?  They are supposed to represent the people but instead, they represent themselves.  I see them debate about how they want to change or start something for whatever reason and there are times when I think... what in the hell does that have to do with representing the people? Or, I don't want that nor does someone else I know from a different view want what politician is purposing.  Just found out that Bidden is running for president.  Why?  Is he going to sniff his way through the campaign?  Trump??? did he grab his way through the campaign?  Did the Russians put the fix in?  Most may not get this but that seems like "The Sting" is on with Trump and Pence playing the role of Newman and Redford.  Don't even get me started on Hilary!   If I had more time I'm sure I could think of at least two dozen more people who are crooked.  I think, down to the core of a race, that running f